1. Wanting to be carried constantly, especially when she is bored and demanding and all I need is 5 minutes (just 5 fucking minutes) unencumbered to get us ready and get us the hell out. My back is aching!!
2. Having to hide my purse all the time so it isn’t unpacked and spread everywhere. Bad enough that it is now filthy from being mouthed.
3. Pinching my skin and being unable to stop her or she will become annoyed and fail to fall asleep. How did this become part of your wind down ritual?
4. The grizzling, the grizzling, the grizzling.
5. Discovering she has a fever.
6. Wondering why and then worrying about her being unable to sleep through the night. The tension I feel holding my breath when she wakes at 2am as I wait to see whether she will get back to sleep without wailing.
7. Her monstering other little babies.
8. Changing pooey nappies, they are rank. Strangely though they have kind of become my problem-solving exercise of the day, each one is a unique challenge.
9. Still wondering how to occupy her for a day. What can we do nowwwwwwwwww?
10. When I am exhausted and I try to will her unsuccessfully to entertain herself and I can’t think of anything to excite her with, or interest her or hold her at bay – please do it yourself!
1. When she wants Mummy, not Daddy.
2. When she hurts herself or gets a fright.
3. Being woken when she ceases being able to independently entertain herself and you found you’ve dozed off on the couch.
4. Having to be away from her all day, I still find I miss some of her best bits.
5. Her screaming when you go to the shops and you just want to pay for your shit and get out and she wants your wallet to play with.
6. When she plays with that toy where she tries to retrieve the ball through the wrong hole which is too small for her fist and the ball and she gets frustrated but won’t try the correct (larger) hole.
That’s all this time…..